Most adults are on their feet for hours on end throughout the day. It’s no surprise then that many suffer from foot pain. One of the most common forms of heel pain is plantar fasciitis, which is the inflammation of the plantar fascia tissue. Stretching and orthotics, like sole inserts, can help reduce pain. Making sure that your shoes provide proper arch support and cushioning can also relieve pain and other ailments. Women should be on the lookout; one study found that most women wear a shoe size that is half an inch too small. Furthermore, foot sizes still change even as you get older. While all these suggestions may help relieve foot pain temporarily, it still may not go away; in that case, it may be best to see a podiatrist.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of Dr. Michael T. Hames from Hames Foot Clinic. Our doctor will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in Florence, Alabama. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.Read more about Getting the Right Shoe Size: To Keep Your Feet Happy